Tuesday, July 26, 2011

july 25 and 26 - DAYS FOUR AND FIVE

Last night, (the 25) was NOT a good stretching day. I stretched for a good five minutes less than usual, just because I wasn't feeling it. It hurt really bad, I kept getting distracted, and I was super tired. So I just stretched for like 15 minutes and then went to bed.


Today (the 26), I had my first lesson with a new coach, and I LOVE her by the way! But I stretched before my lesson and it was a great session! My off-ice spirals were actually noticeably higher! I'm still gonna stretch again tonight, but that just really felt good to have a good warmup followed by a good lesson. It really raised my spirits  after the crappy session last night. As for the lesson, I know this is a stretching blog... so maybe I should just stick to writing about stretching? But idk, I wanna write about this lesson :) We went back to the basics and worked over stroking, crossovers, edges, etc. It  was just great! It's been awhile since I worked on those things and I'm glad to have had them corrected from a new perspective. I have another lesson Friday :) AND, Friday is also the 29th, which means the day my first goal is supposed to be met! Moment of truth :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I love your blog, and hopefully it will inspire me to stretch. I was wondering what the bare minimum is that you usually stretch a day? About 15 minutes or about 45? Longer? Also, if it isn't too much, would you maybe post about what stretches you do daily?

    Finally, I think, whenever it strikes your fancy, you should post about your skating because I love to read it and I'm sure otehrs will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, girl! I usually stretch around 20 to 30 minutes a day, depending on how I'm feeling. :) And sure! I'll definitely do a post about what stretches I do!!

    And I'll post about skating as often as I have a post-worthy moment, haha :) Thanks for your support!!

    ReplyDelete